Ibrahim's 25g Mixed Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I kno it's s bit late but here's the shrimp and crab. Found out it's a camel shrim but hasn't touched my corals so I don't mind him.

Attachments

• image-2108212963.jpg
    image-2108212963.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 114
  • image-3846921991.jpg
    image-3846921991.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 111
Ibrahim said:
I'm upgrading the tank!! But my dad said it has to be under 29g and have a unique shape

Just curious, why does it have to be odd shaped?

I'm sure you could find a used biocube for a decent price if he'd go for that. Good luck.

BallinCrew10 said:
Just curious, why does it have to be odd shaped?

I'm sure you could find a used biocube for a decent price if he'd go for that. Good luck.

Lol he said he wanted a unique aquarium like a wave or a hexagon. Some thing like that I guess. I'm looking at a 20g half moon at petsmart which looks nice if they can sell it for 100 lol

Half moons and waves are both nice..go with the wave. Only because it seems easier to do a different aquascape. Half moon your pretty limited lol.

BallinCrew10 said:
Half moons and waves are both nice..go with the wave. Only because it seems easier to do a different aquascape. Half moon your pretty limited lol.

Yea but the problem now is finding a wave lol.

Ibrahim said:
I kno it's s bit late but here's the shrimp and crab. Found out it's a camel shrim but hasn't touched my corals so I don't mind him.

Cool, the Shrimp looks very nice, I saw one at my LFS a little while ago.

I think the one I linked is very similiar to mine, I'm pretty sure I couldnt find my exact one when I searched. lol But it should work on the same principal.

I tried using an air pump initially and it wasnt enough flow to make me happy, and it kinda gurlged. lol But with a piece of hose and the rio it works flawlessly now. I'm also not using a light in it, just the overflow of light I get from my main light fixture. Still waiting to see if the cheato grows, it''s only been a few weeks.

carey said:
I think the one I linked is very similiar to mine, I'm pretty sure I couldnt find my exact one when I searched. lol But it should work on the same principal.

I tried using an air pump initially and it wasnt enough flow to make me happy, and it kinda gurlged. lol But with a piece of hose and the rio it works flawlessly now. I'm also not using a light in it, just the overflow of light I get from my main light fixture. Still waiting to see if the cheato grows, it''s only been a few weeks.

Cool. I've got about 3 large airpumps with 2 slots per pump so I'm going to connect them all to one tube using a Y connector. If it isn't enough flow then I'll just get the rio.

Sounds good. The rio was like $20 bucks from my lfs and I figure I can always find a use for an extra pump somewhere. lol I tried it with a tetra airpump which might have been my problem. Make sure you let us (me!) know how it works out.

carey said:
Sounds good. The rio was like $20 bucks from my lfs and I figure I can always find a use for an extra pump somewhere. lol I tried it with a tetra airpump which might have been my problem. Make sure you let us (me!) know how it works out.

Will do. The refugium I ordered was the finnex one btw. It comes with a pump so if I've got an extra pump I'll be able to give it away.

Does anyone know how to move a thread to a different section? Also to change the title of the thread? And an update on the refugium. I've already picked up a PC light and some Cheato and Caulerpa from my LFS aswell as 2lbs of sand. Hoping to make 2" sand bed and 1" mud bed.

Haha yea, start another thread in another section with a different title lol. Seriously though, I don't know sorry.

You can message any mod and have them move/change threads. I;ve done it before and they dont mind as long as you dont do it constantly. :)

Well the lights came and are going right back. They aren't as powerful as stated but I guess it's my fault for believing in them. They really looked nice when they arent on the tank lol

Attachments

• image-3828130430.jpg
    image-3828130430.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 87
  • image-1252675196.jpg
    image-1252675196.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 104
  • image-3671388174.jpg
    image-3671388174.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 99
That's really too bad....they do look good from what I hear but I can see how they might not be bright enough....do you have a link handy for the lights? Just so I can see what DOES'NT work. lol

Do you have a backup in mind?

Back
Top Bottom