Ibrahim's Evolve Pico Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its okay I guess. Nothing's really changed. I've been busy with work and im saving up in order to make a large order for both my 150g and this nano so new stuff in May.

Okay, so I've come to hate this rock real real bad. I've decided to sorta make my own purple rock by buying some base rock from reefcleaners and painting on real wet cement made with red and blue polyblend in order to make the rock purple but still get that porous easy to scape rock. Curing time will also be greatly reduced since there is less cement and I plan on WC's twice a day. I'll then add the rock to my sump in my 150g to cycle. I'm also going to remove all my coral and sand then scrub the tank real good. So I'll basically be starting from scratch and do an instant cycle. Also I'll upgrade the lighting on the tank with a custom led fixture. All this should be done over the time frame of a month since it'll be around $300.

Man, that sounds like one hell of a task man. If I was doing that, I'd get some of the natural black sand of dr foster and smiths to go with my new purple rock!

Back
Top Bottom