Idiot Shrimp Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TXclownin'

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just got back from HEB w/ my shrimp and got to thinking....we're supposed to get the whole shrimp right? The one the lady gave me was pretty damn big and has the shell and antennas still. This is what I need right? Just wanted to make sure before I droppped it in there.

its dead...im trying to start my cycle :D I just didnt know if i needed to remove the shell and stuff.

Make sure to use the drip method before you introduce it to your main tank as inverts are very sensative to changes in water perameters.

I crack myself up. As long as it is from the fish market section - that's what you need. Just a raw dead shrimp - that's it. Throw it in.

Oh, and I believe unseasoned shrimp accept bottom feeder pellets.

OH and you won't see much of him as unseasoned shrimp usually hide under rocks during the day.

MAN, I can't get enough of this dead shrimp gag.

good luck.

- Skins

Yeah make sure its not a Mantis Shrimp as well, or he will eat your fish and inverts.

You guys made my day. Anyway, i took the shell off of mine, but i dont think it matters. If you dont take off the shell it will probably decay off and stick to your powerheads.

Back
Top Bottom