more shrimp problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sesom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
dont have exact parameters right now but nitrites and ammonia 0, a little bit of nitrates, 300-350 gh, 80-120 gh, and ph 7.5-8 I have 4 neocaridinas. 2 of them recently got berried. Today I found one of them dead. It still has its eggs. It has a bit of lost color around its abdomen around its legs. Is it some sort of disease? Are my water parameters to far off? Is there any way to scavenge the eggs so they will still hatch? is my other berried female in danger?

dont have exact parameters right now but nitrites and ammonia 0, a little bit of nitrates, 300-350 gh, 80-120 gh, and ph 7.5-8 I have 4 neocaridinas. 2 of them recently got berried. Today I found one of them dead. It still has its eggs. It has a bit of lost color around its abdomen around its legs. Is it some sort of disease? Are my water parameters to far off? Is there any way to scavenge the eggs so they will still hatch? is my other berried female in danger?
Discoloration can come from the death so unless this happened before death, there's no real way to know for sure.
It's long shot but to save the eggs, they would need to be oxygenated so you'd need to use a tumbler or an air stone. Since the mother is no longer really necessary other than to aerate the eggs and keep them clean, you'd need to extract just the section of the body holding the eggs because if you left the whole shrimp in the water, it would pollute the water and kill the eggs. In theory, this should work. ( This is just from my experience with aquatic eggs, not from personal experience with these shrimp in particular. )
Hope this helps. (y)

Back
Top Bottom