In tank macro algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maximo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Until I get my sump plans sorted out is ok to put cheato or some other type of macro aglea in the main display?
If so what type is best? Or will it just get devoured by the fish?

Tanks,

-Eric

It fine unless oyu have fish that'll eat it. If you have something that you know will eat it put it in something else if you can.

What fish do you have?

I have a clump of chaeto in my main. My yellow tang constantly picks at it, but I've got it secured with a couple rocks and it's continous growth kind of balances the tang's picking. Stringy poop stuck to powerheads isn't pretty though.

I have a calupera in my main (since I don't have a sump) to keep my nitrates down. Grows like wild fire and anchors itself to the rock, would NOT recommend calupera at least. Fish do love picking at it though.

Sorry to hijack the topic, but I'm looking to buy some macro algae too. What site has them for cheap?

aznbob, you might be better off trying to grab some from a local reefer. I bought some chaeto off eBay and it was dead by the time it reached me. I got 3 chunks of chaeto from 3 different local reefers all for free. People tend to give it away after they trim it if you can pick it up. Also, it will probably come with much more life in it (pods, etc).

Just a suggestion.

- Skins

Back
Top Bottom