Inherited 30 gallon. what should i do??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sergie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i just inherited the 30 gallon that i had to let go. I'm staying saltwater and going to keep it simple. should I just house 1 dwarf lionfish or make it a coral frag growing tank? I don't want to populate it, I just want to keep it simple. Any ideas are welcome!

In my completely biased opinion :p, make a frag tank! If you are just looking for something simple (and to scratch the itch that is saltwater tanks) you can't go wrong with a frag tank. Often one fish like a lionfish can get boring, and upkeep and maintenance can be rough with a fish like that in smaller tank.
With a frag tank, you can constantly fill it with new awesome acquisitions, and if you are good to them, you get a lot more back from it then any other type of tank.
But then again, i'm totally a coral guy. :whistle:

haha, yeah i hear that. i'd love to do a coral and frag into my other tank, but something in me is yelling predator! but the upkeep for a coral community would def be easier!

Frag tank sounds cool. Maybe do a few schooling fish and some neat inverts like a pom pom crab. I have aslo always wanted a couple black clownfish and a RBTA and have it be a breeding tank.

If I did a predator tank I would want it to be bigger to house an eel, a big lion, butterfly, a puffer, and maybe a grouper.

good suggestion! i forgot about the inverts! a frag with some cool crabs and shrimp would be cool. maybe pair just a watchman goby and shrimp. the possibilities are endless..kind of. i just want a really low maintenance, small amount of if any amount of fish. i still have my 46 im dealing with but i cant let the 30 collect dust in my basement!

Update: found a great deal on 120g. Probably selling 30 gallon with stand lights heater and AC filter. Looks like I may be on my way to 100+ sooner than I thought.
Take it slow...

Back
Top Bottom