Instant Ocean Salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DarkUmbreon

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm wondering if you guys buy the 160g version or the 200g version? I usually see people get it by the 160g because it comes with a bucket. Is it just more convenient to have a bucket? Or does it not matter if it's boxed?

I buy it by the box, cheaper and easier in my opinion. :)

When you get the 200g box it has four smaller bags, which are perfect to fill up a bucket and use til the next it runs low. Keeps the salt from clumping AND it allows you to mix the bag up. During shipping the heavier elements in salt mix will sink to the bottom of a bucket, like strontium, which will result in low readings for those elements at the beginning of the bucket and by the time you are down to the bottom some readings will spike.

^i read not to long ago about the importance of shaking up your salt mix because of that very reason. Makes sense to me, but a lot of people wanted to argue that it was a waste of time.. Anyways, I order the boxes as well for the same reason and give the bags a good shake just to be safe

I figured if I needed some extra buckets I would buy the 160g, better than buying em for 6 bucks at home depot im guessing? But is the whole heavy stuff sinking a big deal in a fish only set up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

$6 a bucket? I got mine for like $2.. It's been a whole though.. Probably wouldn't be that big of a deal in a fish only tank

Back
Top Bottom