Is 260 watts enough lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

I've had my tank now for 18 months and things are going great. I am interested in adding to my reef I only have 80 watts of light though and would like to upgrade my lighting in order to add to my reef. My question is what go I keep with the following specs, 48" 4x65W Coralife LUNAR Aqualight Deluxe Series
2x Actinic and 2x 10,000K, 4x 3/4W Blue LEDs -Straight Pin. I can pick this up for 212.00 which is about what my budget is at right now. Any thoughts?

Decent light fixture. You should be able to keep a variety animals including mushrooms, polyps, soft corals...even some LPS. You should probably stay away from animals that demand very intense lighting, including SPS corals and clams.

HTH and Good Luck!.

I have that light fixture. I even have some SPS corals toward the top of the tank, they are doing fine.

I have the smaller version of that light over my 46 and my corals really like. But the sps that I have are not as colorful as when I originaly bought them. My zoos, shrooms and softies look great though. Oh and I have a maxima and corea clam as well.

that should be plenty of light to keep softies and most LPS corals. Good choice.

I have the same light fixture (see my sig) and your sized tank. No complaints for my LPS and softies! And I love the moonlights at night.

I am currently using the Current Satellite system(260w 2xdual10k and 2xdual actinic 03's). it originally came with dual 6700/10k daylight and dual 420/460nm. The new bulbs helped color things right up. I do have a couple sps, but with out upgrading to MH they wil continue to not really color up and grow at a snail's pace. Coralife system is a good one to go with. Have you checked eBay to look for anything cheaper?
http://www.thatpetplace.com/Product...es/T1/F38AA+0434+0059/EDP/44124/Itemdy00.aspx

Have you considered DIY'ing a set-up?

Back
Top Bottom