Is it too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CJ Guy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am planning on getting blue green chromis and I have heard that they can school, I have a 125 gallon tank and I was wondering if getting 9 blue green chromis to school is too much, and would I still be able to add a good amount of fish as well. Thanks for any help.

Christopher Guy

Blue green chromis are not heavy waste producers and do not affect the bioload on a tank like a big tang or angel. I would think that 9 would be fine, maybe go down to 7, but you should be able to add some other interesting fish along with them. That will be a neat sight having that many fish schooling in the tank.

Enjoy!

tripper

They are cool little fish... Go with 9 because you will loose a few in the beginning. If you don't I would be surprized. I started with 7 and lost 2 the first few weeks of them figuring out the pecking order and my nasty yellow tail damsels did not help any.
After 3 years I have 2 left and they still hang together all the time.

Thats always been a mystery to me as well seaham.. they dont seem to have much of a life expectancy..

But when they school man they look cool..(pardon the rhyming)

How would I be able to make them school. Would they just cling together as a group when placed in the tank? Or will they scramble and then regroup later? Just wondering cuz I would really like to see them school together and swim around in the tank together and be like a posse of green chromis hehe.

Chris

They naturally school. If you go with 9 they could break into 2 schools form time to time. Go with an odd # though. I had as many as 5 for a long time in my 75 and they were always together.

Back
Top Bottom