Is my birdsnest dieing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sgc1107

Aquarium Advice Freak
The lower part by the frag plug is a dark color. What is it? How did it happen? And can I save it by cutting bad off and refrag it?

img_2365658_0_06c48313b6271db3aa20f55318113722.jpg

It does appear you have some die off there. How is the flow? What kind of lighting? What are your water parameters? How long have you had it?

It does appear you have some die off there. How is the flow? What kind of lighting? What are your water parameters? How long have you had it?

It's been in the same spot for almost a year and has been fine! Should I cut off the dead part and refrag it before anymore dies off or see was happens for now? I haven't changed anything in the tank that may cause it to change. Parameters are fine

You can try fragging it a half inch or so above the dead area. That can sometimes help. Other times it will continue to die off even after fragging.

I would be concerned with your lighting or some other issue if it has been in the tank a year and is only that big. It doesn't seem to be thriving or growing at a rate you would expect for that length of time.

You can try fragging it a half inch or so above the dead area. That can sometimes help. Other times it will continue to die off even after fragging.

I would be concerned with your lighting or some other issue if it has been in the tank a year and is only that big. It doesn't seem to be thriving or growing at a rate you would expect for that length of time.

Thanks for your help! I know it's time to change my T5's so I'll refrag it and start there.

That could be it - those T5's do lose PAR after a time. I hope it works out!

Back
Top Bottom