Is this Coralline?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

findingnemo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone!
New to the forum had some questions and it kept popping up with good info so I joined hoping you guys will help me and advance my skills. I am a beginner just got the tank 2 months ago. In it I have the following:

2 clownfish
1 purple dottyback
and an anemone (small)
xenia (small 2 branch)
corals
(I'll have to get back to you guys about my lighting)

I have a question, I've done some google research but I'd like to see what you guys have to say. My tank has three corals on each coral different colors are forming on certain parts, really red, bright purple, and pink.. anyone has any advice if its good or bad? I haven't read that its bad, actually I've read the red might be coralline. The pink might be a lichen of some kind and purple is circulation (which questions me if I'm having circulation problems?) if anyone has any opinion let me know and if you guys want pictures I don't mind posting them.
thanks so much!
-Marina

Moving this to the General SW reef discussion. You`ll get more answers there.

Here are some pictures guys and I have a 8 gallon nano-cube I don't know what other info you guys would need.

welcome

you have to host the pics online, or go advanced and upload them

there are much too many fish for an 8gallon, and if you have the stock lighting it isnt strong enough to support an anemone.

if the tank is only 2 months old then that is also not good for the nem either.

clowns dont need anemones nor the opposite, you could get a frogspawn or a torch coral with that setup and they'd probably host it just the same (if they're hosting now) and i'd suggest one clown and maybe a small goby if that.

pictures would be much more helpful if you could get them working

hope the pictures uploaded this time

and you really think its a lot ''/ i thought they had a lot of space

Attachments

• IMG_4779.jpg
    IMG_4779.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4780.jpg
    IMG_4780.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4783.jpg
    IMG_4783.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 96
here is a picture of my whole tank and a closer at one of my corals

Attachments

• IMG_4778.jpg
    IMG_4778.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4788.jpg
    IMG_4788.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 77
it may seem like they have alot of room now but when they get bigger they will be crowded, even now im sure they are. 3 fish is pushing it in my`system which is a 14 gallon biocube

Back
Top Bottom