Is this enough light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will the MHs be ok 7" from the water?

Your biggest danger is from splash, next will be heat. FWIW, my MH is about 7" from the surface of the water and uncovered.

If i buy this from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3212&item=2369864228 and put 2 Actinic VHO bubls next to it, could I keep anything I pretty much want?

That doesn't appear to come with bulbs, so budget about 300-350 for 3 250W bulbs. Yes, 250W MHs on a 24" tank gives you lots of possibilities ;)

I have bought from them and It was awsome service and quality.. FWIW I know that they have the setup with the VHOs included into the auction.. I think 3x250 with 2 110w VHO would be nice.. Captivereefs.com has great prices on bulbs as well as captiveraisedcorals.com Also marinedepot.com has the XM 10k 250w bulbs for 65.00 +like 8.00 for shipping and I believe if you bought 3 it would exceed the 150.00 offer and you would get free shipping..

HTH<
James

That is PLENTY of light, Not a bad setup. I would get some fans though. Do you have a canopy? DOes it have an open back?? What kind of lighting do you have now? I would put 2 fans on the canopy and one on the sump. What is your current temp like with your current lighting. IF it is a BIG increase in wattage, you know you have to "acclimate" your tank right. SLOWLY lower the lights to your tank.

Back
Top Bottom