Joe's Juice +Zoa = Mad Zoa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OniTweak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yeah, I think I made one of my zoas mad when a little bit of the stuff fell on him. Everything I've read said it would be alright but I just want to make sure.

It's calcium hydroxide and will burn coral tissue if allowed to settle. If you catch it early just dust it off before damage sets in :)

I agree with James. That`s why I dont suggest Joe`s juice. It`s just not the safest thing around corals.

calcium hydroxide = Joe's Juice = Kalkwasser = Mrs Wages Pickling lime.
They are all the same thing. The very high pH is actually what kills whatever it is injected in or covered with.

If you turn off all the pumps like they suggest on the bottle its fairly easy (if your careful) to only get the joe's juice where you want it. Doesn't seem to stray far from the injector. May irritate your zoas a bit but as long as you don't get much on them it will kill the aiptasia almost instantly and then you can use a small eye dropper of some kind to gentily blow off your zoas. they will be fine.

I always had problems with the JJ clogging up and pushing the plunger and BAM, all of it coming out.

I always had problems with the JJ clogging up and pushing the plunger and BAM, all of it coming out.

A very good point i forgot to mention. Make sure you shake it up really well for at least a couple minutes. It would probably help to stick a toothpick in there and mix it up a bit. It gets clumpy if its been sitting for a while. Not sure if the other products are better about this or not.

Back
Top Bottom