Just an update from me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
artoledo said:
Very nice. Great pic too. I always thought about dividing my rock as to create a drop off for the fish. That would be cool

I actually created it in hopes of having acropora growing across toward each other =) that's years away though :oops:

I need a lot more rock though. I want to pile higher on the left pile (b/w the left pump and leftmost heater) and I may also fill in the right side a bit of the right pile.

GuOD said:
artoledo said:
Very nice. Great pic too. I always thought about dividing my rock as to create a drop off for the fish. That would be cool

I actually created it in hopes of having acropora growing across toward each other =) that's years away though :oops:

I need a lot more rock though. I want to pile higher on the left pile (b/w the left pump and leftmost heater) and I may also fill in the right side a bit of the right pile.

You just made me want to rearrange my rockwork. I will do that tomorrow night or saturday morning.

blazeyreef said:
what sand are you useing? its sooo white.
tank looks AWESOME!

Home Depot Stonemason Decor Sand

It's silica sand. You don't need to worry about leaching silica. Apparently the pressure required for this to happen is more than the aquarium glass can take

artoledo said:
Hey GuOD i have a question. Do any of your Tangs flare up and put their tailfins down on the sand? If so what does this mean? My Yellow Tang goes up to my clows and flares up and then lowers its tailfin into the sand. Really weird.

I'd have to see it, but that sounds like aggressive behavior. Many fish will sort of rapidly wave their fin at other fish, it's sort of like "get out of my territory!" And with a tang who has a "scalpel" at the caudal peduncle, that's even more threatening.:p That's just my take on it.

blazeyreef said:
what sand are you useing? its sooo white.
tank looks AWESOME!

Home Depot Stonemason Decor Sand

It's silica sand. You don't need to worry about leaching silica. Apparently the pressure required for this to happen is more than the aquarium glass can take[/quote]

How do you know? Where did you get this information from? Just so that i know.

Back
Top Bottom