Just Bought A Black Ice Clown at Petco for $35!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mannydouhnut

Aquarium Advice Activist
I went to petco just for laughs and wound up almost crapping my pants. I was in there looking around when I read a price tag that said " semi-Picasso" I was kind of interested because well any designer clown is eye candy to me. When I looked into the tank instead of seeing semi-picasso clowns I only saw one clown a black ice!! Mortified I again looked at the price tag $69.99........ but with pet

ForumRunner_20130209_161300.jpg

perks card $34.99!!!!!!!!! (This is when I nearly scrapped my pants best part is he's as healthy as a horse. Here are a few piocs.

ForumRunner_20130209_161242.jpg

ForumRunner_20130209_161323.jpg

ForumRunner_20130209_161300.jpg

I even told one of the employees of my good fortune and he's like "Yea sometimes we get in some weird clowns from some place Aurora" I said " Do you mean ORA?" Hes like "Yea that's sounds more like it. Why have heard of them?"
I almost cried...... I couldn't believe my ears. I even looked it up and sometimes when ORA is overstocked they'll sell to petco. Moral of the story is get of your [moderator edit] go to petco and search for typos.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow that is awesome - I am always scared to buy anything from Petco

Wow how lucky! Last time I went to a petco, the saltwater section gave me a heart attack!
Hmm now I am curious to see if other Petco locations (perhaps in the city) have a better set-up

I know - it is hard to find good fish and inverts in Manhattan

where are you located?

makes me want to run to my nearest one and see if there are any company wide mistakes

I usually don't even go to petco but they are having a sale on 4 oz. PE Mysis cube packs like 3 packs for $18 but as soon as I saw that fish I completely forgot about the sale and got him back home. Here are a few more pics sorry about the cloudy water just got done feeding PE. He's healthy has no signs of ich or anything for that matter he's been at Petco for less than a week. I especially love how his pattern is the same on both sides.

ForumRunner_20130209_173915.jpg

ForumRunner_20130209_173925.jpg

Oh yea and they were selling the actual semi-picassos for $40 as misbars so I obviously got really lucky. One time I saw them selling picassos and I'm talking grade A and they were being sold as regular occelaris clowns for $16 I would have bought them but they were being put in a bag and being given to newbie who planned on acclimating them to brackish poor Picasso clowns :'(

[moderator edit] its even better than I thought it a snow onyx a cross between a ocellaris and a percula worth up too $200. You can tell because of how thick the black is around the fish as well as the more yellow coloration of the fish. You can also tell because of of the eye color.

Last edited by a moderator:
But considering the pattern on mine its more like worth around $150 if I'm lucky.

Is he going in the same tank as the trigger? I have passed up on a lot of good deals at Petco because it just isn't worth it to chance losing a tank full of fish. You can find good deals there as they dont know what they have.

Yes but my trigger was swapped out for a pair of triggers the male and the female blue jaws I'm going to pick up right now are no more than 2" long and he's already swimming in my existing ocellaris pairs host hammer coral with my ocellaris so I should have an interesting trio rather soon.

Plus my petco kind of breaks the rules they have a quarantine setup which is only used for large fish and they do 40 gallon water changes on all of their systems weekly and have pretty good parameters as well.

My petco has Semi Picasso clowns the other day for 35$ each, They were not good quality however so i passed. They were selling black clowns for 20$ as well

I know it's weird but my petco had like premium Picasso clowns marked as miss as for $40 and this snow onyx marked as a semi-picasso for $35 I still can't believe I found this deal and even though the guy said sometimes they get in fish from ORA this one has to be from SA as they are the only one to sell them

Back
Top Bottom