Just Got A GREAT Deal!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went to one of my lfs and i was looking at a tank that had 2 false percs and 2 medium sized gold strip maroons and two skunk cleaners. I was asking him about them and how much they cost each and he said if you want them take them. so i took them all for free.

brandon

wow that is a really good deal. do you know the LFS guy really well or is there some thing wrong with them

no i don't know them at all. It was at peto. I usaually don't go there b/c the fish aren't always the greatest but you couldn't pass this up.

I got a deal today to, not as good as yours though. There were two Palani tangs, and one was slightly smaler then the other. Anyways I asked how much for the smaller one and the employee said 39.99. So I said I would take it. It took her about 5 minutes to catch this fish, and after she pulled it out she realised it was listed as a large 69.99. Anyways I said never mind and after all the trouble she decided to call the owner, who said since she said 39.99 she had to sell it for that. :mrgreen:

Brandon,

You mentioned the clowns were all in the same tank at the LFS, but did not say if you were putting them all in the same display after QT. I would caution you on mixing the clowns. Even the two maroons together could be a problem if they are not a pair.

Wish I could find a deal like this. 8)

Good luck,

No i am not putting them together. Actually reefnewb is taking one maroon and the two percs. and a cleaner. I am only keeping one cleaner and one maroon. And yes the guy worked there. At least i think he did. He had a name tag anyways.

I can't find cleaners anywhere around here! The 1(!) I did see in NJ was 35.00, so I passed on it. I'm not glad for you I'm jealous :lol: I just have to wonder WHY they would give SW livestock away??

I believe brnd told me that a customer had brought them in. I think they were a "here take these so I don't have to flush 'em" since petco doesn't do credit for trade-ins.

And yes the guy worked there. At least i think he did. He had a name tag anyways.

If it had the golden arches on it and the kid had acne, the name tag was from McDonalds and he's the fry guy, not the petco store clerk :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom