light blubs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J19Reynolds

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what are the best light bulbs to get for a light fixture? i got mine with my tank n im pretty sure they are pretty old so want to replace them and want to know what to put in them. right now one is a white floresent and the other is a blue one. but on tank shows white. any suggestions?

I like the ATI T5 aquablue specials for the white light and the ATI blue plus for the bluelight. Those bulbs are awesome and only a few $$ more than the cheapo ones that look crappy. At least that's my opinion. lol

Petco and petsmart don't sell the ATI bulbs. You'll probably need to order them from a reef retailer online if your LFS doesn't sell them.

AquaRick said:
Petco and petsmart don't sell the ATI bulbs. You'll probably need to order them from a reef retailer online if your LFS doesn't sell them.

Would u suggest the same lights?

Oh and yes, ATI bulbs are awesome for corals. They're the best T5 lights out there IMO/IME.

What moon light would y'all suggest?

Get the cheapest LED moonlights you can. They're just for looks and the shimmer that LEDs give out at night are nice. Not to mention the $ saving in electricity. It's not much, but a plus nonetheless.

AquaRick said:
Get the cheapest LED moonlights you can. They're just for looks and the shimmer that LEDs give out at night are nice. Not to mention the $ saving in electricity. It's not much, but a plus nonetheless.

I found some cheap ones .. I put a thread about 2 lights which one was better

Back
Top Bottom