Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Darrenjohns06
Are they the onse about the size of a thumb nail and c through
Yes. Then the minows are really small fish .

Ibrahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yes I've tried both off these, also tried Molly's as well. Also tried from fish and krill shrimp ect on tongs and a spear and on cotton like a lure but still nothing

Darrenjohns06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi i take it all the water parameters are OK? What else is in the tank with the lion? What temp you running the tank at and SG level? Just trying to see if something else could be causing the lion to be off his food Also did you see the fish feeding before you purchased it?Good luck but not sounding good
stingrays4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Originally Posted by Ibrahim
I have a lion and it's fins are much thicker and fuller. They are also webbed like a ducks feet. It's stripes also are much whiter. Your lionfish doesn't have enough nutrition so you will have to feed atleast feeders if you don't have anything else
I think it's this type of lion:

They recommend ghost shrimp.
TLTGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist
i have a 10" volitan, he wouldn't eat for the longest time so i tried something new and it worked immediately but it may possibly work for you. I got raw table shrimp thawed them out and cut them in half and soaked them in phyto in a bowl, then i got a fresh garlic clove from the grocery store peeled it and put it in a spice chopper, made sure it was very fine, and mixed it with the shrimp and photo and stored it in a ziplock bag for 24hrs then fed it some, it ate it right off the bat, my triggers love it as well, it has added color to my queen trigger like you wouldn't believe, and my lion will eat the shrimp from my hand, little stupid i know but whatever lol I'm a former marine we tend to do some irrational things haha, good luck with your lion, remember these are extremely hardy fish and can go up to a week without eating. Good luck bud

" Theres never too much filtration!"
ErrolP is offline   Reply With Quote

lion fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com