Lion fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darrenjohns06

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ere is a pic of my lion, if you can c in the pic it looks like its lost colour by its stripe when it's actually skin or scales missing, all I can think of is tht when it's resting between to rocks it scrapes its body as its got marks on the other side, any advise would be help ful

Attachments

• image-1252571193.jpg
    image-1252571193.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 123
Hi is the fish eating OK? Also are the parameters of the water OK? Also is the fish acting normal? If so then i wouldn't be too concerned?

Yea the water is spot on, havin alot of trouble feeding him. I havent seen him eat in 7 weeks since I've had him but he mite be eaten at night do I'm not sure, he seems to be acting normal just concerned that's all

What are you feeding him? It could be a direct result of malnutrition. If you havent seen him eat since you got him you may have to feed him live food and ween him on to frozen food. Does he look thin or sickly?

"Might" be eating at night? What exactly do you think he's eating?

Lionfish need to be offer a variety of meaty foods: generally starting with live stuff and then hopefully being able ot move them on to frozen prepared foods.

How long have you had this tank up and running?

I have a lion and it's fins are much thicker and fuller. They are also webbed like a ducks feet. It's stripes also are much whiter. Your lionfish doesn't have enough nutrition so you will have to feed atleast feeders if you don't have anything else

I tried everything in the book now, really can't think of anything else to try on him, he's had all frozens all live u name it I've tried it, dnt no what to do any more

Cyclopeeze maybe? Or perhaps taking a piece of frozen/freeze dried krill and waving it around with tongs to entice it?

Yes I've tried both off these, also tried Molly's as well. Also tried from fish and krill shrimp ect on tongs and a spear and on cotton like a lure but still nothing

Hi i take it all the water parameters are OK? What else is in the tank with the lion? What temp you running the tank at and SG level? Just trying to see if something else could be causing the lion to be off his food:( Also did you see the fish feeding before you purchased it?Good luck but not sounding good:nono:

i have a 10" volitan, he wouldn't eat for the longest time so i tried something new and it worked immediately but it may possibly work for you. I got raw table shrimp thawed them out and cut them in half and soaked them in phyto in a bowl, then i got a fresh garlic clove from the grocery store peeled it and put it in a spice chopper, made sure it was very fine, and mixed it with the shrimp and photo and stored it in a ziplock bag for 24hrs then fed it some, it ate it right off the bat, my triggers love it as well, it has added color to my queen trigger like you wouldn't believe, and my lion will eat the shrimp from my hand, little stupid i know but whatever lol I'm a former marine we tend to do some irrational things haha, good luck with your lion, remember these are extremely hardy fish and can go up to a week without eating. Good luck bud

Back
Top Bottom