Lion fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MacDracor said:
Anyone here have pics of their lions to post? Or a video of feeding them? I had a thought for feeding. I won't be getting my Fu Manchu until after my sump/refugium is set up, and I am giving thought to attempting to breed either feeder shrimp (liveaquaria) or mollies that had been acclimated to saltwater, for a constant supply of live food. Anyone done this? Anyone done it in the fuge?

Here is mine when I got him 5 months ago and now. I haven't really breed shrimp but got a 10g and filled it with about 100 ghost shrimp and kept adding 10 every week. I also added about 100oz of brine in there. I took it down about 2 months after because the brine smelled real bad

Beautiful fish!!!
When you say ghost shrimp, are those freshwater ghost shrimp? I've heard some reference to saltwater ghost shrimp, but not enough to determine if this is a real thing, or a nickname for some other type of shrimp.

i read that guppies are no good for them that eventually they will get liver damage.too fatty for there diet

I'd read that, too. But the fact is, no marine fish should be kept on a single food for an extended period of time, even one that is highly nutritious. They need variety. Look at what Ibrahim feeds. Guppies, krill, brine, ghost, silversides, and formula. That's a well balanced and varied diet as long as one type isn't way more heavily fed than the other. I'd say that Ibrahim is on the road to a happy and healthy lion!
Just my opinion, based on reading, not personal experience.

i was wondering cause ive had my lion two weeks and i am giving him silversides and thats it so far.i guess i should feed him a variety too.i also heard crickets once in a while is ok

Silversides is a good staple, but he won't be happy on those forever. In the wild, they eat a lot of crustaceans as well as fish. liveaquaria has a sale on feeder shrimp right now. I intend to try my hand at breeding them later on for live food (in addition to whatever frozen I can get my future lion to eat).
I know, I have a lot of future ambitions for this tank. I'm addicted. LOL

im getting a fu manchu when the supplier gets them in.i hope i can get him to eat as easy as my fuzzy lion did

MacDracor said:
I'd read that, too. But the fact is, no marine fish should be kept on a single food for an extended period of time, even one that is highly nutritious. They need variety. Look at what Ibrahim feeds. Guppies, krill, brine, ghost, silversides, and formula. That's a well balanced and varied diet as long as one type isn't way more heavily fed than the other. I'd say that Ibrahim is on the road to a happy and healthy lion!
Just my opinion, based on reading, not personal experience.

Thanks! His spikes are webbed now and he's gained 4"

dwint, my understanding is that Fu Manchu's are the most difficult to get on frozen foods, so make sure you have some live food in reserve before you buy him!
Please, tell me how long it takes and what you do to get him on frozen foods, though, because that's the same kind of lion I want!

Ibrahim, my pleasure! He looks great!

Back
Top Bottom