Lion fish and snowflake eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
So this is all in retro spec but I was wondering if I could keep a dwarf fuzzy lion fish and a snow flake eel in a 40b. I was thinking about a 40b for the added length. Do I need to go head and get a 55? This would be a bare bottom fowlr. Could I use the lights that came with the tank. Would a sump be needed. What kind of filter would work with this set up? Could I keep anther fish with them?

I have a snowflake in an 80 gal and probably wouldn't go any smaller of a tank he's really active and all over this tank.

I have a snowflake in an 80 gal and probably wouldn't go any smaller of a tank he's really active and all over this tank.

Alright, I read that smallest tank is a 55 for that eel. I might be able to get a bigger tank, does it need sand

IMO no they don't need sand and on second thought a 55 would probably do for a juvenile snowflake but mine after a year and a half has def out grown a 55. I would recommend lots rocks cape with passage ways for it to hide. Also with a fu Manchu I know they say they will be fine together but my snowflake is a bull in a china shop he's half way into my anenome before he realizes that he's being stung. Lol don't be surprised if yours gets stung. But temperament wise mine doesn't mess with any of my fish

Attachments

• image-484419869.jpg
    image-484419869.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 105
I think a 55 would be ok. I would keep the eel alone because some sources say that eels have been known to attack puffers so I wouldn't risk it.

Alright, it seems that the eel is going to be unhappy either way, so I think I'll jut leave him in the pet store. So a lion fish and puffer would work? Is there anther fish that would work. One that will be fine with them. I would like one to live in or around the bottom tank

You would need at least a 125 gallon tank for those fish. Puffers are very messy and may nip at the lionfish's long venomous find

Back
Top Bottom