Little Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meagan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have recenty lost all my fish in the past week. I have never had issues until recently and which it has me concerned. So I am currently trying to figure out what is going on with my display tank. It was Sunday when the last fish died. Here are my parameters since then:

10/07 and 10/11
pH 8.0
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
Phosphate 0
Salinity 10/07/2012... 26/10.019
10/11/2012... 26.5/1.0195
Temp 10/07/2012 80
10/11/2012 78/79

There was a lot of green hair algae, which I know would raise phostphates and nitrates. However now, there is nothing. I have kept the lights off my tank since then. And its gone now.

We have since then set up a quarantine tank now that is currently cycling now. The figures are the same. Except tonight the ammonia was at 1.0. And I'm pretty sure its part of the cycling process?

But with my display tank, parameters are usually around what I said above. Could it have been a bacterial thing that killed my fish? And how would I know? If it is, how would I get rid of it?

:thanks: Meagan

How long were the fish in the tank? Your salinity is way too low. It should be 35ppt - 1.026SG. If the fish were recently added and not properly acclimated to the very low salinity, that could have killed them.

Back
Top Bottom