Longnose hawk w/ shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a longnose! I totally recommend them. He occasionally perches and watches my peppermint shrimp, but never has killed any. I'm getting a small scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp tomorrow, so I am hoping for the best :)

Ya i love these guys! But I also love my shrimp lol. So I dont want to lose them!

But ya let me know how it goes!

BTW I bought the shrimp and the Hawkfish at the same time, but I don't think it matters. I will post tomorrow :D

Ok so the cleaner shrimp I got is TINY and the hawk stayed away from it. Haha the cleaner shrimp moved close to the hawk and then the HAWK swam away quickly. This is awesome!!!

Haha ok good I'm getting one. I'm just gonna wait to pit all my sexy shrimp in first

hiltymj said:
Haha ok good I'm getting one. I'm just gonna wait to pit all my sexy shrimp in first

How big of a tank do you have? Sexy shrimp aren't really recommended in larger tanks, because you might never see them. And the Hawkfish has a MUCH higher chance of eating them, since they are so small.

Right that's why I'm getting 8 of them I stare at every inch of my tank everyday so I'm bound to see them eventually. That's why they are going to put them in there before the hawk. Much much better chance he leaves them alone. Ive had it all planned out for awhile lol

hiltymj said:
Right that's why I'm getting 8 of them I stare at every inch of my tank everyday so I'm bound to see them eventually. That's why they are going to put them in there before the hawk. Much much better chance he leaves them alone. Ive had it all planned out for awhile lol

Oh. At least you are planning ahead :/ I would PM someone like Mr. X or Carey because they probably know a lot more about sexy shrimp then me.

Back
Top Bottom