Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

looking for live sand and mangrove plt

Can anyone tell me a good website to buy live sand or mangrove plants? I've done some searching and am not satisfied with what i found. Or if anyone is in the Chicago area and can tell me of a local place, that would be great also. Thanks!

Old 01-13-2010, 02:10 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have bought several things from ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Plants/Macroalgae and was very satisfied.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
Thanx but no.....

Yea, John just had a sale where he was giving away mangrove plants (free or for $1.. can't remember). If you order from there mention it.. you might get lucky. He's a great guy.

I'd skip the live sand. No real benefit from it. Regular old dry sand will be 'live' in no time. If you're in a real hurry find a friend (make a friend) and ask for a scoop from them their tank to speed up the process.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:56 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums. You will find many different live organisms on this website.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAhab View Post
Yea, John just had a sale where he was giving away mangrove plants (free or for $1.. can't remember). If you order from there mention it.. you might get lucky. He's a great guy.

I'd skip the live sand. No real benefit from it. Regular old dry sand will be 'live' in no time. If you're in a real hurry find a friend (make a friend) and ask for a scoop from them their tank to speed up the process.
I don't know if that sale is over or not but usually in the coupon/code box if you type in either nano reef or nano-reef you get some type of discount.

Tags
live, live sand, sand

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com