Low iron glass for custom aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I"m talking to glasscages about making me a 180 with 2" drains in each corner. I was considerint saphire glass but they said they can use low iron glass on the front 3 sides for an additional $120. I"m assuming this will be more clear than regular glass but not quite as clear as saphire?

thats correct...some companies like glass cages use inferior quality glass to keep prices lower.

They emailed me back and said

"They're both low iron glass just different manufacturers.
Starphire is PPG
Ultra White is Consolidated Glass."

thats correct...some companies like glass cages use inferior quality glass to keep prices lower.

The forum rules in the General Retailer area clearly say not to run companies through the mud. If you dont have anything positive to say, save your comment.

"They're both low iron glass just different manufacturers.
Starphire is PPG
Ultra White is Consolidated Glass."

You will be happy with your tank from glass cages. I have bought a tank from them and I don't believe Kathy has, so I would not consider her comments valid.

some companies like glass cages use inferior quality glass to keep prices lower.
Please closely read this quote.
She has said bad things about www.glasscages.com in more then one thread. This is against forum rules. If there is any questions you can contact the administrator.

We only ask for positive experiences with vendor. If you had a negative experience just state the facts to avoid slander. She has did niether.

lol...wow IMO people should be warned of poor work and craftsmanship!!

isnt that what we are here for?? to help each other??

Why dont you tell us why your here? Cause two nicks both using the same IP and the fact that your first nick says your from toronto canda and we know that the business you keep pushing is based in the exact same city.

Your continued posting of said companies weblink will soon be classified as a form of comerical posting and that by its nature is aganst the AUP.

Yes I am in canada and yes I am happy with my tank. I'm here to learn and help like everyone else :)

I am simply giving my opinion...i have seen many tanks over the years and lets just say some are better than others (not naming any names 8O )

It would seem to me that any company making aquariums would use standard glass on their standard models. I fail to see why that would be a bad thing. The ultra clear glass is an upgrade. I expect most folks who make aquariums for a living offer it as an option. It's sort of like buying a car...if you want heated leather seats, you'll pay extra for them.
If anyone has proof that a company consistently produces substandard products, then we want to hear about it. If you want to state what you liked or didn't like about a product, that's fine as well. But, don't state that Brand X is crap and leave it at that. JMHO.

Thanks guys, just trying to figure out what to do and how big of a difference all these different types of glass will make once the tank is filled up :D

Back
Top Bottom