Mail Order live stock and QT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellisz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello,

I am thinking of ordering some live stock. This is what I have in mind:

Flame Angel
Porcupine puffer
20 Nassarius snail
2 Peppermint Shrimp

The angel, shrimp and snails will go to my 75 gal. The pork will go in my other tank by himself.

I was thinking of using a 29 gal tank to use as a QT to house the angel and the pork. I don't really want 2 QT but was not sure if this would work very well. The Flame is not cheap so I would like it to survive.

BTW, the peppermint shrimp I am getting to help control some Aiptasia that is showing up on some of my rock. I thought it was cool at first but after some reading, it seems that they are bad. I want some more shrimp any way. Is 2 a good number to start with. Would like to seem them be social and not hide all the time.

Thanks

2 shrimp is a good number to start with for a 75g.

Would like to seem them be social and not hide all the time.

Peppermints are normally nocturnal. It's very unlikely that you'll see them out and about during the daylight hours. Cleaner shrimp are usually more "visible".

Is this going to be a reef tank or FO? If reef, you may want to reconsider the dwarf angel choice of a fish (Flame). More often than not, these fish develop an appetite for LPS and soft corals.

HTH,

Hmm... Why are cleaner shrimp so much more expensive :( I have a CBS that hides right now until I feed. I had read some have good results mixing other shrimp with a CBS and some don't. I wanted to try some thing and maybe fixing the Aiptasia too.

I don't have corals yet but we planned on trying some mushrooms and some low light stuff. There are some white finger-like corals on some LR I got awhile back but I am not really sure what they are. We only have a 4X55 PC light so we are at 3 watts per gallon.

I have a percula clown, 2 damsels and 3 green chromis(coming out of QT soon). I want to add a yellow tang so I thought I would do that last. I thought a dwarf angel would be a decent addition. Any other recomendations?

BTW, I plan to remove the 2 yellow tail damsels when I add the chromis. Probably put them in another tank. Not sure if the chromis will get along with the damsels and might overload the tank with my current plan...

Saltwaterfish.com has flame angles riight now for 29.99. That is the cheapest i have ever seen them. and any order over 75 dollars you get free shipping. Can't beat that.

That is where I wanted to order from :D

I just was not sure if would be ok to order 2 fish and QT them together. I want a pork puffer for my other tank. Snails, shrimp and replacement hermit shells will round out the order ... if I do it. Might have some LR delivered too. Tough to get off work in Dec. so might have to do it all on one day ...

Back
Top Bottom