Making water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone, I had a question today on making saltwater for my aquarium. You know how it is standard to have have the moving with a pump for around 24 hours before placing it into your aquarium? Is this recommended so the water can get oxygenated, or so the extra salt can be dissolved. If this was done simply for oxygenation, that would be beneficial as I could simply set up a battery powered air bubbler (or two) in my water making container for oxygenation. I make water in an area with no available power outlets, hence the want to switch to batter power.

Thank you!
Does anyone know if such a thing as battery powered pumps like Koralias exist? I know the bubblers do, but those may not work if salt also needs to be mixed in. :)

Can you use an extension cord from an outlet further away?

You can mix Red Sea salt in 4 hours or less.

Hi everyone, I had a question today on making saltwater for my aquarium. You know how it is standard to have have the moving with a pump for around 24 hours before placing it into your aquarium? Is this recommended so the water can get oxygenated, or so the extra salt can be dissolved. If this was done simply for oxygenation, that would be beneficial as I could simply set up a battery powered air bubbler (or two) in my water making container for oxygenation. I make water in an area with no available power outlets, hence the want to switch to batter power.

Thank you!
Does anyone know if such a thing as battery powered pumps like Koralias exist? I know the bubblers do, but those may not work if salt also needs to be mixed in. :)

I point my powerhead up to agitate the water surface and that seems to be good enough. Make sure your temp & ph are close to your tank water. No battery powered ones that i can think of but as above said, buy a extension cord with two outlets on it for your heater & pump.

Back
Top Bottom