Marine land Pro lighting system fell and a corner of it landed in the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

renae28

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My Marine land Pro lighting system fell and a corner of it landed in the tank. No fish were injured and the tank survived. My question is that we can not get the T5 lights to work. We let it all dry out first and the other lights work. Is there a starter thats separate for these lights that may need to be replaced? We replaced the bulbs and that didn't work. Any help would be appreciative.

We are getting a LED to run while we try to fix it. I don't want to shell out for two LED's so do you think that one will be good enough for now? We have quite a few corals. See my pics to help.

Thanks, Dawn

Test it with a multimeter. If it is not pushing any power to the bulbs then the ballast may be fried. Also check for loose connections that may have broken from the fall. Basically you need to open it up and do some troubleshooting.

Thank You! We ran to the pet store and bought a Fluval LED for coral. We also bought a new T5 6 bulb with moon light Aquatic Life. That Aquatic Life is most like what we had. I like the idea of LED but we would probably need 2 to support corals. I am not sure how well they work. We will have my brother in law look at our light to see if it can be fixed. Do you know anything about either light?

AquaticLife is a good fixture.

As for the Fluval LEDs, just what I have heard... They are not sufficient to support corals. But without specs on the unit it is impossible to tell.

I dont know what size tank you have (width wise) but if its 4 ft wide, theres a few led fixtures put there that will cover that decently with a single unit

Back
Top Bottom