Marine mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fluff

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked up some marine acclimated mollies the other day. Anyone else have experience keeping them in a marine tank? I asked the lfs if they would breed in sw and they said they were observing them to find out. Well, apparently they can breed in sw. I have babies today. Here are some bad pics of them during the big event. :D

coolness! I had tried mollies when I had the hair algae problem and could not get them to live very long. congratz on the babies.

Yay!! :D Are the babies in a net? Will you try to raise them? Never heard of anyone doing this in saltwater, though I'm sure it happens, and I've had lots of molly and platy and guppy babies come along in my freshwater tanks. (Who hasn't ?!?!)

Thanks Hara. They do love hair algae. The tank they are in had nothing but cleaner shrimp and hair algae and they've mowed down half of it in just two days. I bought four and one died today but he acted a bit funny from the start. I hope the last three hang in there. I was worried yesterday because they wouldn't eat but figured the algae had them pretty well filled up, but they are gulping down the flakes today. :D

Nah, I didn't do anything for the babies. They will have to make it on thier wits. There is plenty of places to hide. And, the parents haven't shown much interest in them so far.
Jc, two major events? :?:

Well, I ended up with 22 babies and they are all doing great so far. I can't get the babies to eat any food but they are picking at the algae and passing waste so they must be getting enough from that. It's really cute though watching the tiny ones slurping up a thread of hair algae like spaghetti. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom