marron goldstrip clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can you put a maroon goldstripe clown in with two false perc clowns. Every fish store i have talked to said yes but i really wanted to make sure i can do this.

Depends on what size tank, but unless it is huge...it is ill advised. One or two of the fish will end up badly damaged and possibly dead.

I am acutally doing this experement now. I had a small perc clown in one tank and a medium sized maroon in another tank. When I combined tanks they went from a 45 and 20 respectivly to a 75. So far things seem ok with them. Now its only been 24 hours so we will have to see.

i have a maroon w/host and was givin a perc over the new year and the maroon chased him to the other side of the tank for a few days and a little still but never did the damage like a damsel or tang would have :)

Well the reason i ask is b/c i hear that maroon's are about the only fish that will host a bubble tip anenome. That is why i wanted to do it is b/c i have a bubble tip and my percs will not go near it. Any other clowns that will maybe host it and not hurt my percs

i would guess and say if the percs are there first then adding a maroon i think ya be ok !!! might take a day or so for the maroon to find and take to the host but when he does he'll be happy !! funny my bubble tip moved to the back side of a rock where i really cant see it or the clown !! clown hardly ever leaves it unless after food or dumb me put culpera in the tank and he didnt like the leaves by his home !! after putting in the perc heheh ive never seen so much of the maroon but now he peaks aroung the corner and if the percs to close he chases him to the other side no harm done :) but kinda cool to at least see more of him

heres a question !! why would the clown pull out pieces of shrimp away from the anenome ?!?!? sometimes i have to keep my hand close by till it grabs it real good !!

well i decided to go with a tomatoes clown instead. He hasn;t really went around the nanenome yet but i don't think he has seen it. He ahs been hanging around the long tenticle plate coral though for about the last hour. I think eventually he will take to it. Lets hope.

From marindepotlive.com, in reference to Amphiprion Percula:

"The True Percula is commonly associated with the Long Tentacled Sebae Anemone Heteractis crispa, Ritteri Anemone Heteractis magnifica, and the Giant Carpet Anemone Stichodactyla gigantea." --> "However they will also go into the Haddoni Carpet Anemone Stichodactyla haddoni, and the Bubble Tipped Anemone Entacmaea quadricolor as well." <--

why would the clown pull out pieces of shrimp away from the anenome ?!?!?

I think the clown is just putting food in hid "home" for storage and coming to get it later. I read somewhere that clowns naturally bring food to their "home" whether it is a anemone, coral or even a powerhead to eat later. Only thing is that the anemone seems to eat it before he gets back to it. I am not sure the facts, but my clown does the same thing. I just let it be and let nature take its course though.

GREAT NEWS... After just 4 hours the tomatoe clown hosted the anenome. It is awesome. One question though. Since he has been in the anenome. The tips of the anenome are not bubles like they usually are. Is this just b/c the anenome is getting used to the fish?

Back
Top Bottom