Mattias first saltwater build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I'm a tad bit confused but I'll go and ask for "light diffuser". When I do it I think I'll make a video on YouTube on how to do it because there isn't much on the Internet. I just can't get myself to pay like 70$ for something I can make for 10$.:D

This is what I'm trying to do....

Attachments

• image-1172195370.jpg
    image-1172195370.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 52
Here's how my power heads are set up:
The koralia is in the front to give the corals flow
And the rio 600 will be at the bottom behind the rock work preventing dead spots back there.
Does the outflow of the return pump give much flow? Is it it like a powerhead?

image-2120412952.jpg

Here's a picture of the power heads....

image-407778086.jpg

And thanks Adam for the advice about the algae magnet for the koralia!

Lol you can make like 4 of those racks for 10$. Np on the magnet btw. I would mix the water and put it in gallon by gallon. Make sure you have the sand in first though. Fill it halfway and put rock in. After you like the structure of the rock fill it to the top. Also, to reduce the cloudiness, put a bag or plate in the Sandbed before you put water in.

well we try rd, but your pretty adamant about sticking around.

they return pump is kind of like a powerhead, at least it does everything that a ph would do.

to fill, put in your water, some base rocks, then sand... I have a link for using a bottle to put in your sand around here somewhere, it was just workign great for me but took too much time to reload the bottle and stuff while taking care of my kid. then set up your rocks and add fish simple right?

Sorry I think I asked the question wrong. I ment how do I fill it with the sump and everything. How high do I want the water in my sump to be? When do I turn on the return pump? I know all the sand and rock stuff:)

well the baffles should only allow your sump to get so full... you want to leave enough room that in the even of a power failur there is enough room for the water thats in the plumbing down and up to the dt doesnt overflow your system.

Thanks kurty!!! So you just put the sand in the bottle and squeeze it out under water?

Today if I can convince my parents to let my waste 30 gallons of water, I'm going to fill'r up and test the pumps and everything:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom