Mattias first saltwater build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm thinking no go. If it decides to take a walk I don't want to risk all the other things getting stung.

It could also get caught up in the powerheads or heaven forbid, get over the back wall. That'd be a big mess..lol

Do some more research and see where you are then. I just can give my own opinion and what I'd do, could be right could be wrong...

EEP! Lol I can live without one. I'll have a ton of tentacle type corals so maybe my clown will take a liking to one:D

I think you've seen my torch coral, looks exactly like a nem. :-D My clowns don't host it and I'm happy about that. They can injure a coral or themselves by hosting a coral sometimes.

Do you guys think I could put an encrusting montipora and an acropora? On LA it says they need medium light.

carey said:
I think you've seen my torch coral, looks exactly like a nem. :-D My clowns don't host it and I'm happy about that. They can injure a coral or themselves by hosting a coral sometimes.

Oh really? Yeah I've seen it I LOVE torches. I saw it in one of your vids.

I wou;d take the chance on a monitpora but maybe wait and see how the corals respond before trying a acropora.

I think the monti is a good idea. Of all the SPS corals I think it is the easiest (gives me a sense of accomplishment). :) They don't need a lot of light just lots of calcium. LOL Before I got mine, I wasn't big on the SPS corals. Now I want more. :)

Monti will work, acropora won't IMO. Acros and elkhorn take a lot of light. Montis and other chalice corals will grow fine with moderate light and high calcium.

monti keeps getting mentioned. i like it more and more and will have to have it in my tank too. when the time comes anyway.

your banking on xmas to get your tank up? have you put water in it like you wanted to yet?

Yet another stock list update:
1 occelaris clown(duh)
1 royal gramma
1 bangaii cardinal
1 Midas blenny
1 purple firefish

I'm really considering dropping the Midas blenny and getting a b&w clown. Idk though.

coffeetwitch said:
monti keeps getting mentioned. i like it more and more and will have to have it in my tank too. when the time comes anyway.

your banking on xmas to get your tank up? have you put water in it like you wanted to yet?

Nope:/ I'll add water for the first time when I cycle. But I've seen it with water in it do I know it doesn't leak. I might be able to convince the rents to let me fill it up this weekend.... And yes christmas will be the source of most of my funds. This Friday I'll receive about 40$ from misc. jobs.

For anyone who may care:
I set up my 1 gallon shrimp bowl! Shrimp are in and happy:)

Attachments

• image-3572518707.jpg
    image-3572518707.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 78
Ok so I have this weird thing with placing 50lbs of rock on a sheet of glass. The thought of it breaking scares the crap out of me. I've heard of people putting down a sheet of egg crate, then rock, then sand. Do you guys recomend this? I think I'm going to go this route when the time comes. I've decided I'll probably do my base rock from reef cleaners or BRS. And then have a pound or 2 of lr in my fuge basket.

Yeah definatly. I'll just use the left over egg crate from my baskets since it only comes in sheets as tall as me lol.

Alright this has nothing to do with my tank at all but I just thought of the coolest thing! So picture a swimming pool reef aquarium. At the surface you can dive in and swim with the fish and underneath the walls are acrylic so you can enjoy it in the house/basement. Man... Someday....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom