Missing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last week one of my Percula Clowns disappeared. Never noticed a carcass or anything, although I have LOTS of rock and plenty of places that can't be seen.

Today my Basslet disappeared. Hmmmmm. I have 2 small Electric Blue hermits and 2 small Red-legged hermits (not the hairy ones). Could they be responsible for the missing fish? They both seemed healthy the day before they disappeared. ??????????

I don't know what your tank conditions are or the params of your water. If you have a filter going or even a device creating water movement and thus a current as it swishes around the alleyways and knooks of the rocks, it is likely that the fish did get swept under the rocks. Or, if you have an establsihed tank with some inverts, it has probably already in the final stages of being...eaten

I have a 46 gal tank with 100+ lbs of lr. Using a ProClear wet/dry and 2 ph''s, plus an AquaClear HOB.

Got plenty of inverts too - Crabs, snails, shrimp, urchin, abalone & a star. Water parameters are 0 - 0 - 0 with an SG of 1.024.

Well with the water perameters at 0 all the way across maybe they arent in the tank at all. Have you looked around the tank on the floor and behind it as well? Sometimes fish will find a nice safe peaceful spot in the tank to go to die that way nothing will mess with them. How long have they been missing?

Well with the water perameters at 0 all the way across maybe they arent in the tank at all

Not sure why you would think that...there is over 2 lbs per gallon of rock, plus a wet dry. He wouldnt see any noticeable difference in the chemistry most likely.

Oops, I looked at the signature block and saw 11lbs of LR. However I skipped over the wet/dry. I agree with you in that case though. Next time I'll learn to read a little better! :)

Back
Top Bottom