Mixing firefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psychocircus91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My research hasn't been very helpful. I'm interested in adding both a purple and orange firefish to my 75 gallon. I know two of the same type may fight unless they are a mated pair. Will one purple and one orange fight with eachother? Anyone with experience?

might be best to add together
one on one end other on other end
better chance they can each establish there own territory that way

I went through the exact same dilemma a couple days ago. I got a small 16g nano and had my purple for a couple weeks as my only fish. I just added the red firefish a couple days ago and was nervous but they were fine. They each have their own caves, eat together and haven't fought. My buddy did the same but he has a much bigger tank and his share the same cave. Its only been a few days for us. I read others killed each other. So in the end, its a matter of personalities really, roll the dice!

I was recommend to always keep fire fish in odd numbers. Idk why maybe that will help two of one kind then one of the other.

I figured mixed results. But what's new in this hobby :rolleyes:
Not sure if I'm going to get any yet because idk if I want to add netting to my overflow.

Anybody's firefish go overflow/sump diving?

Back
Top Bottom