Mold behind my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Winter-huntsman

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm doing my big tank cleaning of the month and everything is normal but this time the tank smells bad. So I open a window to let the room air out as I try to figure this out. And i see this. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1492378192.382060.jpg
What do I do. I know I need to bleach the spot and replace the drywall but I don't want to harm the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

IMO cover the tank with plastic rap, followed by a towel.
Then use a box cutter to cut a large Square of the drywall and take that out, go from there.

IMO cover the tank with plastic rap, followed by a towel.
Then use a box cutter to cut a large Square of the drywall and take that out, go from there.

Ok I'll do that, any quick fixes for now like to prevent it from further spreading?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

test the humidity in your room. Maybe put a lid (temporarily) on the tank to cause less condensation. all I can think of.

You won't need to cut out the chunk of wall, just scrub it down first. Just make sure you cover the tank before spraying anything or scrubbing. Don't want anything getting into the system.
The cause would be poor ventilation in the room. A fan or a dehumidifier will assist.

Back
Top Bottom