Moving a 90g tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanS180

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys. So I'll be moving in the next 2-3 months and I'm trying to get any and all advice on moving everything from 1 location to another. I have about 25+ corals, about 10 fish and numerous crabs, snails, and shrimp. I'm only moving about 15mins away so the drive isnt bad at all but I have no idea on how to go about transporting everything. :/ help!

Start with 5 gallon buckets with lids and if you have any ice chests. Pull any loose corals into a bucket with enough tank water to keep them submerged. Fill new bucket with rock and cover with tank water, continue until all all or at least most rock is out. Another bucket or 2 for the fish and inverts. Drain tank and replace or clean the sand. At the new place have at least 50 % fresh heated water ready. Set up tank, level, add sand and rock with the rock water. Top off the tank with new water wait until it reaches temperature and clears. Drip your livestock and place in tank. Good luck.

Start with 5 gallon buckets with lids and if you have any ice chests. Pull any loose corals into a bucket with enough tank water to keep them submerged. Fill new bucket with rock and cover with tank water, continue until all all or at least most rock is out. Another bucket or 2 for the fish and inverts. Drain tank and replace or clean the sand. At the new place have at least 50 % fresh heated water ready. Set up tank, level, add sand and rock with the rock water. Top off the tank with new water wait until it reaches temperature and clears. Drip your livestock and place in tank. Good luck.

Sounds like you've done this before? Lol I guess I'm gonna have to go out and get another 26 gallon trash can to fill up with saltwater. So I'd wind up having 52 gallons of water to start me off with and then whatever else is left in the buckets.

Back
Top Bottom