Bloated Barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover94

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all, I just had a fish store help me move my 60-gallon to a new location. If the fish was pregnant, he said it looked like he might be bloated. I don't have a picture as I can't move in until the 27th due to the state. If you are asking why move them now, the next time they could help with the move was the 31st. I bag food so they can feed them for me. On a side note, with the activity of the move the fish got their color back immediately.

Just have another question. I got my Bosemoie Rainbow as a babys, not that they are old; I have five males and one female is that bad?

Rainbowfish do best in groups of 6 or more and you have 6 is that is fine. It is preferable to have even numbers of males (2, 4 or 6) and a similar number of females. One female on her own could be bullied by the males. If you could get 2 or 3 more females, it would help.

As for the first part of your post, I'm not sure what you are asking in it???

Rainbowfish do best in groups of 6 or more and you have 6 is that is fine. It is preferable to have even numbers of males (2, 4 or 6) and a similar number of females. One female on her own could be bullied by the males. If you could get 2 or 3 more females, it would help.

As for the first part of your post, I'm not sure what you are asking in it???
How to I get a fish that is bloated not bloated, she's the only one bloated.

It depends on why the fish is bloated. If the fish is full of eggs, then letting them breed will remove the eggs and she will look thinner. If the fish has a tumour or growth inside, it will continue to get fatter until it dies. If the fish has an internal infection, it usually gets fat overnight and dies within 24-48 hours of becoming fat.

Is the fish eating well?
What does its poop look like?
What sort of fish is it?
Is the fish male or female?

Without a picture I can't offer much more but when you eventually get a picture next week, we can look into it further. :)

Back
Top Bottom