Moving tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

montero

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm in the process of looking for a new home. Once I buy my house how do I relocate the tank?

55gallon FOWLR - 2 clowns, 1 puffer fish, 1 domino damsel, 1 scooter blenny and 2 chocolate starfish.

Will I need to go through a cycle again?
The tank is 4 months old.

save as much water as ya can in 5 gallon buckets !! ya should be good as long as your not moving across the country :)

I bought a rubbermaid trash can to move the water in. You may notice a mini cycle, but it depends on how far the move is

I would get 4 18 gallon rubbermaid tubs at Lowe's for $4 piece. They will maintain temp well. Keep as much water as possible. Help cycle better

I just moved my 55 gal reef cross-town with quite a bit of success (I actually have to move it again this weekend :( ). College... but I lost some xenia and a hippo tang, but everything else survived (mushroom (leather) coral, two other leathers, one branching, two anemones, button coral, two torch corals, tree coral, two maroon clowns, watchman goby, one hippo tang survived, as well as my lawnmower and bicolor blenny's). I actually managed to salvage all of the water in seperate 5 gallon jugs, and put the corals and liverock in seperate 5 gal buckets. Not TOO much trouble. :(

just dont move the fish with the live rock. we just moved our 65 gal tank, we had a nice size Blue Tang, and it must have been on a rock when we took it out of the tank, and when we were putting stuff into the tank at the new place, the tang was smashed between two rocks. :cry: So make sure your careful when moving the LR and fish.

Back
Top Bottom