My bullet goby is starving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
My bullet goby is getting very thin. I have had him a few weeks now. He sifts constantly but shows no ineterest in anything I add to the tank. I use small pellets, sinking pellets, flakes, frozen mysis shrimp, algae sheets rubberbanded to a rock, and frozen prime cubes. Any ideas? I dont want to lose another fish.

I have one and he eats all of the ones you mentioned. Have you tried soaking the food in garlic. Supposedly garlic will stimulate appetite in fish.

That's true! I have made a yummy little medley of food soaking in garlic and they just go bonkers over it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

I have one and he eats all of the ones you mentioned. Have you tried soaking the food in garlic. Supposedly garlic will stimulate appetite in fish.

Any more deatails on this? like specific directions. The algae sheets I put in did have garlic in them. He nipped at it twice but I didnt notice anything way eaten by him.

There are garlic food soaks like Kent's Garlic Extreme, never used one but I'd imagine they have directions on them. There's probably some cheaper alternatives as well

Back
Top Bottom