Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

My clown fish laid eggs

I noticed two nights ago that my clown fish, which have hosted one of my xenia corals, kept swimming on top of what i thought was just xenia coral that they kept on preventing from growing, since i saw the same thing a few month ago.
Today i realized that they are eggs, i looked them up.
I did some research and i saw that in order to get them to survive once they hatch, i will need to put them in a separate tank and have a special diet for them.
My question is, is there anyway to keep them in the mail tank if i purchase some sort of confinement thing?
I have a 90 gallons with a good amount of soft coral, but not too too much. i have a pink goby, six line wrasse, melanarus wrasse, yellow clown goby, and a blue eye tang.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

you might be able to get a breeder net they sell them at petco or at your LFS for like $10.
The only worry there would probably be the goby since he might think that they are a bigger treat than usual, your other bet is maybe trying to divide the tank but thats usually pretty tough if there is a lot of LR, but congrats on the eggs.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yeah i was thinking of the breeder net, but i'm not sure it will be successful as far as actually being able to feed the fry.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I bought a breeder net and it honestly was an epic fail, but when I bought it came with the cheesecloth like material and some cheap plastic I replaced the plastic for some KNEX which is a kid toy but it gave me a sturdier and bigger net I had a 10g sitting around so I basically strained my fry and they where left alone in their own tank, as for feeding I was recommended some grounded shrimp it was in Japanese so I couldn't tell you the rand but out of the hatching I ended uP with about 24 fry and about 18 adults the 6 basically got eaten by counterparts. But I still have my blueprint if you want it. Since I know fry and hatching can be dry exciting.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML42 View Post
I bought a breeder net and it honestly was an epic fail, but when I bought it came with the cheesecloth like material and some cheap plastic I replaced the plastic for some KNEX which is a kid toy but it gave me a sturdier and bigger net I had a 10g sitting around so I basically strained my fry and they where left alone in their own tank, as for feeding I was recommended some grounded shrimp it was in Japanese so I couldn't tell you the rand but out of the hatching I ended uP with about 24 fry and about 18 adults the 6 basically got eaten by counterparts. But I still have my blueprint if you want it. Since I know fry and hatching can be dry exciting.
Sorry, my computer gave me some issues and was unable to check this.
I would definitely be interested in the blueprint, if you can.
Thanks
Old 10-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would also like to see blueprints if possible

Tags
clown, clown fish, egg, eggs, fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com