my mushroom fell off his rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My small red mushroom slid off the ledge he was on and landed about 2 inches farther down the rock getting kind of wedged into another section of rock. Should I try to move him back up or will he be ok where he is ?

Attachments

• tank 023.jpg
    tank 023.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 99
thanks
it's been growing great so I wouldn't want it to be injured. do they move around on there own or is it just the currents in the water..

Mushrooms are actually related to anemone. They just lack the foot to move freely like that. They will release themselves from the rock if they aren't happy to find somewhere better, letting the water flow take them somewhere better. This isn't always the case in our aquariums since it'll end up flowing into a dead spot in the tank which might be a dark corner or something.

Mushrooms are actually related to anemone. They just lack the foot to move freely like that. They will release themselves from the rock if they aren't happy to find somewhere better, letting the water flow take them somewhere better. This isn't always the case in our aquariums since it'll end up flowing into a dead spot in the tank which might be a dark corner or something.

Just saying but all corals and anemones are related, mushrooms aren't any more related to anemones than any other coral. Mushrooms are more related to other corals than sea anemones. All corals and anemones are in the class Anthozoa and subclass hexacorallia. So all corals and anemones are related equally.

Back
Top Bottom