Originally Posted by SeeDemTails
What is the overflow inside the sump/fuge for?
And how did you support the crate?....more pics please!
In the first area I just imitated my current wet/dry. So I removed all the bio balls from my other smaller sump and placed them on top of the eggcrate. I don't have enough established LR
to rely on it for my complete filtration. Once the baserock seeds I should be fine if I want to remove the bio balls.
The eggcrate is supported by pieces of 1/4" acrylic siliconed to the sides of the tank.
The return pump is a Mag 9.5. My overflow/return is not rated high enough to handle all the output. So I have the line from the pump split three ways with ball valves. One goes into the fuge on the right, another goes straight back to the main tank and a third goes right back into the center (pump) area. That way I can control the flow to the tank and fuge without choking off the pump.
I'll take some pictures tonight and post them ASAP...
Okay, apparently I can't post again for another 12 hours unless somebody else does first. So, I'm just adding to my previous post below:
Up and running. Next I'll add LR
and macro to the fuge along with snails etc.
Please excuse the temporary doors on the cabinet. I still have to finish a pair of cherry shaker doors to match the cabinetry. Also, that thing sitting on the bottom of my fuge is the filter pad from the old wet/dry. It was loaded with pods
so I tossed it in the fuge.
And the one downside to this upgrade is that I no longer have any room to store anything in the cabinet. I'll have to make some shelves for the right side for food and stuff...
I tried to take a few shots of the main tank but they didn't come out very well so I'll have to toy with my wife's digital camera a bit. Plus only the actinics are on now so it is what it is. Anyway that's my tang with a blurred clown in front of him and my deformed BTA on the rocks...