My New New Tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishrfreinds

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay if you been following me, you'll know I bought a tank about 3 weeks ago and it was crap. And my old tank brace broke.

Well I got a new new tank(that actual works! :eek: ). Its a 115 gal tank. Dimensions are 78x13x26. It so much better!

My only problem now is that i can only feel it up half way as there is a overflow compartment on the right with a hole in the middle of the back (for hoses I suppose). I thought most tank were drilled at the bottom.

So how do i fill it up the rest of the way? I only have one pump and im using it to pump the water into the tank.

Attachments

• mvc-038s_106.jpg
    mvc-038s_106.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 25
  • mvc-035s_139.jpg
    mvc-035s_139.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 23
You'll need to purchase a bulkhead so you can either use the hole to drain water to a sump, or to plug it.

If you go on any fish supply website you should be able to find a bulkhead and plug to fit..

Are you planning on a sump/fuge? I agree, you can measure the hole and probably even a hardware store would have what you are looking for. Be careful with that Windex, it contains ammonium and care needs to be taken, so that it doesn't get into the tank. Nice tank BTW!

And just wanted to add that that stand doesn't look like an aquarium stand, so just make sure it will be able to support almost...1800-2000 pounds. :)

Your tank looks nice but I have to agree make sure what you are using for a stand will be able to hold it. You can figure on 8.15 lbs x 115 gallons + weight of LR and tank = alot of weight. Good Luck

Oh i Know that the stand couldn't handle the full weight. I just needed enough water in there to cover the lr. I've already started bluiding the the stand and canopy for it. Went to my LFS and and bought a 1 1/2" Bulkhead. So i need to inlarge the hole. Thanks for help.

The tank is acrylic?

Please be advised that acrylic tanks should have support across the entire bottom unlike a glass tank that can be supported by the frame.

If you view the picture of the tank there are 2 pieces of plyboard under the tank to distrubute the weight. Yeah its not that great. Im still working on the stand.

ok, just wanted to make sure you know. It would really stink to come home to a bowing tank 8O

Back
Top Bottom