My new sand *pics*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I spent 8 hours working on my tank yesterday. I did my very first water change, and I put in my new sand. :D It took so long because I had to scoop the sand in with a little bowl :evil: And then I decided to move the rocks so I could spread the sand around under where they were. I could'nt remember how the rocks were so I spent a good hour or two just trying to get the darn things to stack up without falling over. I think they looked better before I messed with them, but I am not touching them again for a very long time. Anyway, the sand I used was Natures ocean sand, its the fine white type, mixed with some Tideline coral sand. I think it looks awesome, except that knocking the rocks around made the water kinda murky, and this morning all the stuff that came off the rocks collected on the sand.
Anyway, here are some pics.

Looks great. I have a couple of places where my rocks are close like yours are to the sides and those areas are REALLY hard to keep clean. You may want to slide the whole pile to the center just enough to get your mag float in there to clean it.

Also you should make sure that you push the rocks to the bottom so that if you get a sand stirring critter later on that it doesn't cause a land slide in the tank by moving some of the sand.

Back
Top Bottom