need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbrock

Aquarium Advice Activist
i bought 2 new fish about 4 hours ago and after a car accident, i wont be able to put them in the tank until tomorrow. I have some airstones, should i open the bags and put those in over night, or just leave them shut?

Well i would, but im now 5 hours away from the tank. I just need to know what my best chance at keeping them alive is.

Your best chance is to try to get them into a bucket and some fresh salt water around them if possible .. If not perhaps sturring the water a bit .... what kind of fish are they......? Since they do ship keep them warm and dark if the above stuff is not able to be reached , I would not let the temp drop too much if possible.... perhaps you are near a wal-mart that you can get a cooler and a filter or an airpump?
You have a 50/50 shot at this point ....
Are you ok tho?

Ouch, I hope both you and your fish end up ok! I would say, keep the temp stable, of course, you posted last night so, hopefully everyone is ok. How are you doing, this morning?

Back
Top Bottom