NEED medication asap!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
Posted in the sick fish forum but am still not sure what to do and leaving work to get meds in 45 minutes!!

I have a 2" hippo tang in QT for almost a week now. He's been eating since the day after he was introduced. Feeding him frozen cyclops mixed with mysis soaked in selcon. He also has been nibbling on Nori.

He's been acting surprisingly well, out swimming around, not skittish like most hippo's I've read about. Anyway, today I noticed several small white fuzzy patches on his sides. He doesn't appear to be scratching, breathing heavy, or showing any signs of marine velvet. Could this be some type of bacterial infection? What should I do at this point?

Tank is a 10g that is used for QT, cycled for around 6 weeks with a bio-wheel filter and some ceramic rings.

Dont' know what to treat him with. Not sure if it's bacterial or fungal...

It's hard to say, with that description. It could range from bacterial to virual to fungal. A pic would be the best help, but you are on your way to the store to get meds, so I am not sure how to help. Other than gets meds for each (bacterial to virual to fungal). Maybe come one else will be able to help a little better.

Can't get a picture. It's just looks white and cotton/spider web like.... Not a big clump or ball, just small 2mmx2mm white markings. Almost looks like white paint was splattered on him and it's fuzzy.

I think I'm going to pick up some furanase, been reading that it treats bacterial and fungal infections.

Could always try some more fresh foods. Fresh blender mush boosted with garlic and beta glucan to help boost the fish's immunity. Not an expect on sick fish but this is what I would do. I actually feed this every otherday to help keep my fish as healthy as possible.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom