Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-13-2003, 05:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to GrotesqueHybrid
need to grow algae

hi, i have a tang and clownfish tank and i need to grow some algae because my tangs constantly eat it and they need to eat, lol. i had some green algae, only a little bit and they quickly ate it. problem is no more is growing. the tangs are still eating well (lettuce, nori algae sheets, frozen preparation) but they like the algae more and i think it looks cool. so help, do i have to buy a plant or something.......yea so, thanx.

Old 06-13-2003, 06:32 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Problem is if you buy the algae your tank will quickly eat it. So unless you plan on constantly buying more algae every few days/weeks then your gonna have to give up on being able to keep algae in the same tank. Now you could start a sump and grow algae in it to feed the main tank.

I just feed my tangs nori sheets. Its simply dired seaweed and its much more cost effective for me.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 06:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I use the Green algae sheets sold at the LFS. My Tang wont touch my Grape Caulpera or the other algae plant in my refugium. He does just fine on this and so do the snails.

75 gal. Reef & 30 gal. Anemone Tanks.

I get paid for what I may have to do, Not for what I do!
EMS503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 07:00 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfreek
I just feed my tangs nori sheets. Its simply dired seaweed and its much more cost effective for me.
I was thinking about getting some nori sheets...

Question is, when I go to buy them, can I just purchase any nori product? Are there some products that put additives in the nori? Or do I have to buy special "fish friendly" nori sheets?
Old 06-13-2003, 07:02 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfreek
I was thinking about getting some nori sheets...

Question is, when I go to buy them, can I just purchase any nori product? Are there some products that put additives in the nori? Or do I have to buy special "fish friendly" nori sheets?

Tags
algae

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com