nemo's (CLOWN)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Donaghy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:(i have some clown fish (nemo) but one keeps hovering in the same spot just above the gravel, this happen to another fish and it died a while afterwards any advice would be great "new at this marine fish stuff" so thanks if you can help

uh...well, clowns usually pick a spot and stay there at certain times of the day. It's kinda like their territory. Your other clown could have died from something being wrong with your water. You need to test everything and post the results so we can help. Your clown won't just die from being in one spot all of the time....I'm trying to understand what you mean.

not sure how big the tank is but it looks like there are 3 clowns in there and 2 other damsels too...

How long has the tank been up and running w/ fish?

thanks for your prompt reply , what i mean is that one clown fish goes to just above the gravel and threads the water there for possiblly a day or two and then just dies this has happened to two clown fish, all otheres seem fine will post a pic shortly if that would be of any help also had water tested everything ok except for nitrate was very slightly high

stop adding a third clownfish ...you really should only add clowns at the same time

-Brad

thanks for your prompt reply , what i mean is that one clown fish goes to just above the gravel and threads the water there for possiblly a day or two and then just dies this has happened to two clown fish, all otheres seem fine will post a pic shortly if that would be of any help also had water tested everything ok except for nitrate was very slightly high

If you are seeing high levels of Nitrates then it is time for a decent sized water change.

How long did your tank cycle? How long has it been set up? Can you post the actual numbers from your water tests? What kind of filtration do you have? How much live rock do you have?

Back
Top Bottom