New 120 build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, so i have changed my filtration. I got one of those Aqueon Proflex sump model 3 with an overflow and a Reef Octopus Diablo xs160 Skimmer. Everything has been running about a week now and it looks like the Skimmer broke in today. Up until now it has been just bubbling away with no foam in it just clean white bubbles. Got home today and there is skimmate in the collection cup next, not quite yet in the cup.
I added 3 more fish to the family. A singapore angel, a pearlscale butterfly and a sailfin tang. Can I add a yellow tang or will that cause trouble with the saifin?
So far everyone seems to be doing great! I also added another 50 lbs of base rock I picked up from reefrocks.net.
I'll add some pics in when I get a chance.

Happy Easter to everyone!!

Yellow tangs are bullies to begin with. That being said and the sailfin being from the same zebrasomas ( spelling?) family i personally would not try it. It can work though it's just to risky for me. How about a yellow mimic tang? Mine gets along with my sailfin.

Added an Aqueon Proflex 3. Water clarity has really improved. I am running it with a refugium with some rock sand cheating and some lettuce algae for the fishies.

Back
Top Bottom