new 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to California on Friday anyone live in the LA area and can tell me of a good store to check out might have to buy some Cali coral

Got a clown he is all alone looks like he needs a buddy

Will try to get a better pic later I have to go to work

OK so I am going to go buy another fish this weekend but I don't know what to get I know I want a gobie but not sure what kind

No I dont have any bottom dwellers I want something to help with the sand but wont make a mess with it

I've got a Diamond, and for the 1st (3) days, it was a desert sandstorm in the tank, but now its all settled, and I can't even tell other than a tiny poof that he is even sifting.

TLTGF said:
I've got a Diamond, and for the 1st (3) days, it was a desert sandstorm in the tank, but now its all settled, and I can't even tell other than a tiny poof that he is even sifting.

I think I am going to get one. Good to know :) my sand is usually blowing around already because my turbo snails fall over and can't right themselves so I have to go into the tank and flip them over. How do these things survive in the wild? LOL.

I do use sand and the very top layer of the sand was extremely fine, and like I said, it was a mess for about 3 days or so, then after he got it all turned over, even with the addition of the powerheads, the sand that he sifts is almost not noticible. I will point out however that my LR does accumulate more dust than without him, but the PH's could be part of that as well. I got both the goby and PH's at nearly the same time.

OK if I don't get the UV is there something I can do to help get the greenish tint out of my water or is a UV the only way to do it

Back
Top Bottom