new 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been on YouTube and see all these videos of the mp10 makeing waves in 55 and 75 gallon tanks but I can't get it to do it on my tank any one have any ideas what setting I use to do this I have used both short and long pulse mode but I can't get it to make a wave the only thing I can think of is my return pump is to big and is messing up the flow I have a mag 12b on it idk anyone please help

Oh and where I live right at this very moment it is 45 degrees F, and with the wind chill it feels like 41F according to the weather channel. Moral of the story... No chiller for this guy. :)

TLTGF said:
Oh and where I live right at this very moment it is 45 degrees F, and with the wind chill it feels like 41F according to the weather channel. Moral of the story... No chiller for this guy. :)

Yeah I live in Phoenix AZ its still 98+ here so where r u

I've been checking out youtube as well, and other than short wave, nothing is really standing out. Like you said though, I didn't see much else creating flow in their tanks either.

OK so lastnight at work I went and printed off the complete owners manual for my mp10 and learned how to set it to make waves and now I got it so that makes me happy yay me

Rob, what is the story behind the wave? Other than a coolness factor, what are the benefits that the wave motion provides?

Tell me more.

TLTGF said:
Rob, what is the story behind the wave? Other than a coolness factor, what are the benefits that the wave motion provides?

Tell me more.

OK well it will help prevent dead spots in the tank help pick up detritus so that will b filtered out there is a lot that it will do helps fish and coral feel like they r in the ocean with more natural water movement stuff like that

Idk I had looked in to it and all I heard was how much better it is for them

I ordered all the stuff to do the mesh mod on my g3 Skimmer and now going to get the stuff to do the gate valve mod as well I hope it works as well as they say

Well I got my macro and I put it in my refuge and all of a sudden a lot of baby brisal stars and brisal worms started crawling out of it. It was some cool stuff to see

Busy weekend put on my UV the stuff came to do my mesh mod on my Skimmer and hooking up auto top off all while trying to watch football not as easy as it sounds

Just did the mesh mod on my Skimmer makes smaller bubbles and a lot more of them just to early to make a judgement call on it I will update after its been running

Its been 3hrs and I will say it was worth the 4.50 for the mat and the 20 min it took to do it. It is working a lot better now

Well 48 hrs after the UV was put on the tank looks way better no more greenish tint in the water

24 hrs. After I did the mesh mod my Skimmer is pulling way more junk out of my water

Also 48 hrs after adding the macro all my levels have seemed to balance out so I would say I am rather impressed with everything thus far

Back
Top Bottom